Monday, October 3, 2016

The Trial

     As you all know, I am a professional lawyer. I have gotten a case of rape from one of the least respected people in the town. He has accused Mr. Tom Robinson of taking advantage of his oldest daughter. This was Mr. Ewell we are speaking of now, and he lives in the "slums" on the other side of the Maycomb county dump. Allow me to give you a little backstory of the Ewells. They have lived in that shack for as long as I can remember. They only go to school for the first day, and then never go back until next year. They are the disease of Maycomb, and we can't seem to get rid of them. Mr. Ewell is a regular drunkard and does not have a job that I know of. "How do they survive?", you may ask. Well, they survive off of the money that Maycomb is required to pay them because they don't have jobs. As you can see, they are an untrustworthy and not very polite.
      It was time for the trial. As I gathered all of my things that I needed for the courtroom, and went up to the defendants area. I was defending Tom from Mr. Ewell, and I had a pretty good idea of how to beat him. It wasn't going to be easy. I also guessed that it wasn't going to be particularly difficult, for that matter. I won't bore you on the whole scheme of things, but I did see Jem and Scout up in the Negro stand. Oh well. There was nothing that I could really do. I pretty much had them at this point so, the judge called a release. We had been in there for two hours. After about five minutes, the Judge called us back in. Here we go again.
     I am going to leave this one here, and let you have a cliffhanger for a while. I will catch you up soon! Good day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment